Tuesday, October 12

Former TV presenter and model Katie Piper

Former TV presenter and model Katie Piper whose face was disfigured in an acid attack has paid tribute to “normal” women who lead inspiring lives.

At an awards ceremony celebrating inspiring women held in central London, Miss Piper said: “Tonight is about normal women as well as people in the public eye.

“Some people lead incredible lives we don't know about. I want to send a message out that being deformed doesn't mean the end of your life.

“I am living my life and I hope I have been a role model for people.”

Gallery: The Inspiration Awards For Women

Miss Piper, 26, from London was attacked in March 2008 after her jealous ex-boyfriend hired a man to maim her.

Last night she was accompanied at the Inspirtation Awards for Women by celebrities including Nigella Lawson and Sandra Bullock.

No comments:

Post a Comment