Wednesday, October 13

Rapper T.I. Talks Suicidal Man Down From Ledge of Building

Rapper T.I. came to the rescue early Wednesday afternoon when he helped police talk a suicidal man down from an Atlanta skyscraper, the Associated Press reports. After hearing about the jumper on the radio, T.I. [real name: Clifford Harris] went to the scene and offered his help to the police.

Police said the man agreed to come down in exchange for a face-to-face chat with T.I. The rapper recorded a short video of himself that rescue workers took to the man to prove T.I. was actually there.

TMZ reported what T.I. said in the video message: "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life. I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

The man then met with T.I. in the building's lobby. "I told him it ain't that bad. It'll get better, to put the time and effort into making it better," T.I. said in a phone interview with The Associated Press. "I just reminded him know that I know. It looks bad right now, but it can turn around."

Once he was out of harm's way, the suicidal man was taken to the hospital. His name hasn't been released.

T.I.'s heroics came just days before he's due to appear in court for a parole hearing after being arrested for a drug incident last month in Los Angeles. He's also on supervised release after spending a year in prison on weapons charges.




(source:popeater.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment