Wednesday, November 3

Katie Piper - People thought I was contagious

Katie Piper - People thought I was contagiousTonight, she is a guest in the premiere of the new 2-TV program "Trudy / 'at. 22.40.

- I had some very negative experiences. I used to go out with my mother and used a large hat to hide her face. I always went with bowed head. People took off my hat out on the street, "says Katie Piper to presenter Trude Teige.

- Teens followed me while I was on my way to the store. They ran after us and said, "Look at her face," I could go into an elevator and people left the elevator. I think maybe they thought I was contagious. The worst thing was if there were other women. Especially blonde or young. Then I thought, "Before I was like you."

Attack of the jealous ex-boyfriend
In March 2008, the life of the British model and TV hostess changed forever. On the street she was attacked by a young man who threw sulfuric acid in her face. It was a jealous ex-boyfriend who was behind the attack.

During the two years that have elapsed since the attack, Piper, Katie has undergone over 40 operations.

The surgeons said she was one of the worst cases they had ever seen. She has had to fight hard to build a new life, and has also started a fund to help other acid and fire injuries.

(Article continues below the image).
FUND: Katie Piper, along with music manager Simon Cowell started a fund to help other acid and fire injuries. Photo: Getty Images

The Fund's maximum protection is none other than music manager and talent judge Simon Cowell.

Made a deep impression
- She is one of the most inspiring people I've ever met, he has previously stated to the British tabloid newspaper The Sun.

Presenter: Trudy Teige may also be affected by Pipers history.

- In a world where much is about the focus on appearance, body weight and ideal of beauty, it's incredibly liberating to take a man with such gravity can say that a person is not only defined by the outer qualities. She made a deep personal impression on me because it takes courage to do what she has done, namely to show their scars to the world, "said Trudy about her meeting with Katie Piper.

Fits well into the concept
"Unusual people a normal night" is the title of the program.

Katie Piper's story fits well into the concept because it tells something about society and the times we live in. The program provides the opportunity to go behind the news and into the individual's life, "said Trudy Teige.

See also the documentary, "Katie: My beautiful face" on Wednesday at TV 2. 21.40, in advance of the interview with Trudy at Teige. 22.40.

No comments:

Post a Comment