Tuesday, December 14

Christmas tags

christmas tags,
This month it was very easy to find children to help. I was looking at a Christmas tree that had been covered with tags with names of children and what they wanted for Christmas this year. Most of the tags were gone as they were the cool toys the kids asked for but what were left were around 20 tags for children just wanting clothes, jackets and winter boots so I pulled every tag off and Take 5 went shopping to fill their Christmas wishes. But that wasn't all this month. I received a phone call from a principal from a school here in town looking for winter clothes for a couple kids that were still wearing summer clothes and some boots for a couple more children who had none. So the next day these kids received new warm clothes, sock, underwear and new boots for the children who had none.

So this year when you are sitting around on Christmas day opening presents with your families please know that I am very thankful that you have helped Take 5 Club make such a huge difference on the live of these children we help each month. Please know that because of your support we have helped these children feel better about them and fit in at school so they can study hard and become great adults that can then make a difference in our world. Thank you and bless you everyone. Joining Take 5 Club is very easy. It just costs $25.00 a year (or more if you wish) and 100% of the money goes to the children in the form of new clothes. Every month we pick 5 or more children and completely outfit them so they fit in at school and do not get picked on by other children. This way they can concentrate on just studying and not worrying about the bullies. Once a month we send out an email that tells the story about the children we helped. If you would like to join the Take 5 Club please send a check with your email address to:
At Christmas time sometimes we forget why we are thankful so I thought I would share some of the comments we received from children you helped this year. We asked these kids how they felt when the Take 5 Club gives new clothes and these are the answers we received:



Jacquan: I like new clothes it feels good especially when there are not any holes in them.

Hayllie: I love having clean clothes and new things. It makes me feel like a star.

Ariona I love something that is nice and clean and shiny.

Paige: I like everything about new clothes, when my clothes fit it makes me look like everyone else.

Tatiana: New clothing makes me feel special. It makes me happy and really makes my mom happy; sometimes she is so happy she cries.

Bree: I feel like a princess with new clothing and I really like sparkly shoes.

Brody: it is nice when my clothes fit because sometimes they are too small and my mom doesn't have much money to by new ones.

Sara: I like having my own jeans especially the ones with pockets with jewels on. A lot of times I just get my brothers hand me downs.

Meg: I don't have to share underwear anymore I have my own now

Ashley: Nobody laughs at me because I don't dress nice now

Mathew: It makes me just happy and I can snap my pants because they fit me

It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air


(source:thenorthwestern.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment